So, a few days ago I wrote a post about registering for my first Marathon. Since then, I have found and began following the Hal Higdon Novice 1 Marathon Training guide. However, due to the short time (8 week) that I have to prepare, I have fast forwarded to week 8 of his guide. While this is most certainly not recommended, due to the gradual buildup in mileage that his plan is designed around, I was already a fairly active runner, logging no less than 15 miles in a given week.
My first week calls for a total of 39 miles, and so far I have already logged 15. I have began to feel a bit of Arch Pain in my left foot, which I believe is related to a prior injury from earlier in the season. After contacting a friend of mine who works for Inside Track on the West Shore, he suggested I try using KT Tape. I have seen many athletes, including football players, hockey players, track athletes, and even my own sister wearing this “neon colored tape,” but never really knew what in the world it was. After he explained how it worked, I figured for 12 bucks, what could possible go wrong.
Today at work, I followed the instructions found on their website and applied the proper pieces to my foot where I am experiencing the soreness. THE SORENESS WAS INSTANTLY GONE! It has now been 6 hours since I applied the tape, and I feel like I could run right now. I would recommend this tape to anyone experiencing soreness due to running. Now, rest assured if my foot turns green or falls off tonight, I’ll be sure to update this post tomorrow, however, as of now I am 100 percent SORENESS FREE!
- MY Tips to make the KT Tape stick! (runnerunleashed.com)
- Scary Therapy You Should Totally Try: KT Tape (prairieprincessrunners.wordpress.com)
- Compression sleeves (lilylmt.wordpress.com)
- Hal Higdon Half Marathon Training (mademan.com)
- I Kind of Like KT Tape…A LOT (runningwithguns.com)
- Kinesiology Tape (primalambition.org)
- Hal Higdon Marathon Training Schedule (mademan.com)
- Kale Chips and Foot Trouble (comfortshoos.com)