This past Sunday, my son Ethan was born, at 3:35 PM. Checking in at 7 pounds 2.8 ounces, and 19 inches long! I am a PROUD dad! Ethan is my second child, as I also have a 2 year old daughter, Fiona. I have been graced this week with not only my own little future ironman, but the ability to spend a week home from work, for some much needed family bonding time!
I am now in the midst of week 2. Yesterday I logged an easy 4 mile run, and this afternoon a logged an 8 mile run, with a little hill training thrown in. My splits have slowed a little, however, I think that is to be expected with the lack of sleep that comes along with a newborn in the house! Tomorrow morning I will be running an easy 5 miles, and then Saturday, I am ramping it up to a 17 mile run.
I have began to work in a 3 ounce glass of Tart Cherry Juice before and after each run. I have read multiple articles that talk about just how powerful the vitamins and nutrients found in cherries are. Many athletes speak values of much faster you can recover after introducing cherry juice into pre and post workout routine. I will follow up on this next week after Ive given it some time, to let you know how its worked!
- Ironman 70.3 Timberman event set for Sunday in Gilford (wmur.com)
- I am Ironman (juliarodbell.wordpress.com)
- Improvement (road2taupo.wordpress.com)
- Preparation for Ironman underway (whas11.com)
- 24 hours after taking first tablet and the 2nd one at 9am this morning (mattyw2013.wordpress.com)
- NYTimes site inaccessible, 2nd disruption in Aug. (kansascity.com)