So, I have absolutely no idea where to begin! I decided to start this blog on a whim, in hopes to be used as a personal motivator to help me reach my goals. This past weekend I traveled to Gilford, NH to watch my sister compete in her first ever Half Ironman, the Timerman 70.3. Not only was I left teary eyed and tingle faced with joy for my little sister from start to finish, but I was reminded again why I decided to get into to competition racing in the first place. I would highly recommend to anyone who ever questions themselves during training, or if having trouble sticking to your training regime, to attend the next local event as a spectator, and pay close attention to the smiles and screams of joy as the participants cross the finish line. It was unbelievable to witness such true joy and happiness for one’s personal achievement, and served as an excellent reminder of why I started in the first place. I know that I will never become a “Professional” triathlete, and quite frankly a place medal doesn’t mean much to me either, however I do set personal goals for each event, even if just to finish, and will remember and use that experience as motivation and fuel to accomplish them!
(Photo Above: My sister, Amanda Logan, during the run leg of the Timberman 70.3 – AWESOME!!)
- My first post! (love2swimbikerun.wordpress.com)
- Contemplating a Race Strategy for Ironman Wisconsin #IMWI (crushingiron.com)
- Team Sportpursuit – the Ironman Uk 2013 Story (alliepark.net)
- My tips for staying motivated to lose 80 pounds! If you struggle with motivation, this post is for YOU! (aandawellness.wordpress.com)
- Midstate athletes shine at Ironman competition (cumberlink.com)